pigatschmo

Monday, September 10, 2007

the lima bean lobby

Let's see... I love copious amounts of soy milk, lima beans, peanut butter and pea soup. Do I detect a theme? It is no coincidence -- they are all protein-rich legumes. It would appear I'm hard wired for these, but even more so since the events of September 11th, 2001 caused me to give up meat.

I hadn't fully connected the dots until recently, when I cooked lima beans for the first time in ages. I've always liked lima beans and do not understand why they aren't extremely popular... or why they should be any less popular than say, sports cars, hip-hop music, pro football or Diet Coke. Instead, they are marginalized.

To correct the wrongness of this trend, I plan to A) increase my lima bean consumption B) speak out in favor of lima beans at every opportunity C) push lima beans on the American public through a multi-million dollar advertising campaign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home